What is Zoom Teeth Whitening?
Zoom teeth-whitening uses advanced blue LED technology with variable intensity settings to provide better and faster results (more than 50%) compared to other tooth whitening procedures. It can cause dramatic whitening of teeth in just one office visit.
When is Zoom Teeth Whitening Necessary?
Your teeth may lose their natural brightness over time for many reasons:
- Pigmentation from food such as coffee, tea, or wine
- Tobacco stains from smoking
- Age-related loss of tooth enamel
- Certain medications
- Zoom teeth whitening helps get your natural brightness back
Zoom Teeth Whitening Procedure
Your dentist follows these simple steps to perform zoom teeth whitening:
- Your gums and mouth are covered in preparation for the procedure
- A whitening agent is applied to the teeth
- Your dentist shines the Zoom whitening lamp on the teeth
- The intensity required to speed up the whitening reaction may vary from one patient to another
- Shining the Zoom whitening lamp on your teeth may be performed up to 3 times in a duration of about 45 minutes
- Your dentist ensures you get the desired shade
- After completion of the above procedure, a post-treatment gel is applied to minimize sensitivity
Advantages of Zoom Whitening of Teeth
Zoom whitening technique is advantageous over other whitening protocols due to:
- Use of LED light instead of UV rays, which does not cause harmful effects
- Up to eight different shades can be obtained
- Requires less time
- Effective for tough stains and discolored teeth
- It is suitable for patients with sensitive teeth
Zoom Teeth Whitening for Excessively Discolored and Stained Teeth
Patients with excessive staining and discolored teeth may require a longer time duration to get the desired shade. Your dentist provides you with a Zoom NiteWhite take-home kit.
This must be used after the Zoom teeth whitening procedure. It is found to be effective in many patients.
Zoom Teeth Whitening for Sensitive Teeth
Whitening procedures can increase the sensitivity of the teeth in many patients. Zoom whitening technology ensures little to no sensitivity. Ask your dentist to provide a sensitivity relief gel if you experience mild sensitivity.