Many seniors don’t consider dental veneers as an option for improving their smile. However they are extremely effective and can make teeth look new and youthful again. Over time the brightness of teeth fade and can start to look old and dated. In fact this is one of the common ways that seniors start to look older. Fortunately there is a way to reverse this sign of aging. Cosmetic dentistry has come a long way and now patients have a variety of options for improving their smile. Whether restoring a damaged tooth, working towards a glamorous smile, or simply looking young again, a cosmetic dentist can help. As long as the structure of your tooth is solid a veneer is a good option. If not, implant dentistry is a better way to go.
Dental veneers can accomplish a variety of goals including:
- Closing gaps. Many people live with small gaps that hurt their appearance but not enough to make them want to get braces. We can close gaps using veneers by placing a veneer on each of the teeth that is slightly larger than the natural one.
- Making teeth even. Teeth can grow in unevenly with different lengths. Having one short tooth and one long tooth can look strange. This can easily be corrected with a dental veneer being added to the shorter tooth to match the longer one.
- Covering dark stains. At times stains are so severe that they cannot be removed with teeth whitening alone. People who have smoked their entire life may specifically struggle with yellow stains and dull looking teeth. Dental veneers are stain resistant and will not only cover teeth but also help to prevent future stains. This is ideal for those who continue to smoke, drink coffee, wine or tea on a regular basis.
- Straightening teeth. If you have a few crooked teeth they can be corrected with the help from dental veneers. Braces are an excellent option for straightening teeth, but they don’t necessarily make sense when only one or two teeth need to be corrected. This is a faster way to go about it that produces stunning results.
- Fixing damaged teeth. If your tooth has become cracked or chipped in an accident, a veneer can be the restorative device that corrects the damage and makes it possible for you to eat again comfortably.
Regardless of how old you are, dental veneers can help give you the smile that you have always wanted. As an experienced cosmetic dentist office, Texas Dental Specialist can transform your smile quickly and easily. We can help you achieve every goal that you have for your smile. To learn more about your options call (214) 619-6329 to schedule an appointment with our veneers specialist. If for whatever reason this is not the best option for you, we will make recommendations to what is. This may include dental implants, dental crowns, dental bridges, dentures, or even a simple teeth whitening procedure. We offer the latest in dental procedures so that you can have a wide variety of options when selecting how you want to transform your smile.